Following the approval of relief materials to victims of Rainstorm Disaster in communities at Surulere and Ogooluwa Federal Constituencies, the South West Zone conducted the exercise on 10th January,2022.
- The event took place at the Surulere local government town hall Iresa adu in the presence of the Honorable representing Surulere and Ogooluwa Federal Constituency Hon Segun Odebunmi, beneficiaries, Stakeholders, Security and the media.
- The Honourable welcomed and appreciated the Federal Government , NEMA and the beneficiaries for coming to the aid of victims as well as the patience of victims on the disaster that befall them.
- Presenting the items, the Director General ably represented by the Zonal Coordinator NEMA South West, Mr SAO Akiode commiserated with the victims of the disaster, saluted their patience and courage while charging them to take disaster Management as serious business.
- The Materials were later distributed to the beneficiaries by the NEMA team in collaboration with SEMA and relevant stakeholders.
- Some of the beneficiaries appreciated the gesture of the Federal government noting it was a surprise since they have lost hope of receiving Federal government assistance since its long overdue.
- The exercise was peaceful and victims appreciated the federal government for coming to the aid of victims