The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) participated in the 68th United Nations General Assembly (68th UNGA) at the United Nations Headquarters in New York. The NEMA delegation was lead by the Director-General. The members of the delegation participated in series of event bordering disaster risk reduction, human rights, the protection of displaced persons, and a review of the Millennium Development Goals among several others
The NEMA delegation participated in a side event; African Humanitarian Champions and Partnerships (celebrating humanitarian champions and partnerships in Africa) organized by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) and the African Union at the River Club, 447 East, 52nd Street, New York.
- Valarie Amos, USG for Humanitarian Affairs.
- Zainab Hawa Bagura, SRSG.
- H.E. Aisha Abdullahi, AU Commission, Commissioner for Political Affairs.
Panelist in the event included;
- * Muhammad Sani Sidi, Director-General, NEMA.
View Paper presentation by DG NEMA Sani Sidi: PUBLIC OWNERSHIP AND LEADERSHIP IN EMERGENCY AND DISASTER MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA [pdf]
View Paper presentation by DG NEMA Sani Sidi: PUBLIC OWNERSHIP AND LEADERSHIP IN EMERGENCY AND DISASTER MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA [slide]
- * H.E. Salma Kikwete, First Lady of the United Republic of Tanzania.
- * H.E. Mahboub Maalim, Executive Secretary, IGAD.
- * H.E. Kadrie Desire Ouedraogo, Executive Secretary, ECOWAS.