National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) on 11th November 2022 handed over relief materials to the Plateau State Government for distribution to the 2022 flood victims and assorted grains for the vulnerable person’s in the state.
Delivering the items, the Director General of NEMA Agency Mustapha Habib Ahmed said the items were meant to cushion the effects of the disaster on the victims and the vulnerable person’s in the state. The DG-NEMA who was represented by Deputy Director Budget NEMA Headquarters Alhaji Suleiman Yakubu, added that the agency has devised a means were the items will only get to the flood victims and the most vulnerables in the state.
Receiving the items on behalf of the victims and the most vulnerable, the Deputy Governor of the State Prof. Sonni Tyoden appreciated NEMA for the assistance and assured the agency that only the affected would benefit from the items.
The items for flood victims included:
a food items
- 1000 bags of 10kg rice
2 . 1000 bags of 10kg beans
- 1000 bags of 10kg maize
- 75 bags of salt (20kg)
- 75 kegs of vegetable oil (20 ltrs)
- 150 cartoons of seasoning cubes (maggi/knoll)
- 75 cartoons of tin tomato (50 sachets)
b. Non-food items
- 7,350 pieces of Nylon mats
- 1000 pieces of mosquito nets
- 600 cartoons of bath soap.
- 2500 pieces of Guinea brocade (5 yards)
- 1000 pieces of children’s wears (new)
- 1000 pieces of women”s wear (New).
For the most vulnerable, the food items included:
- 166 metric tons of maize3
- 142 metric tons of sorghum.
- 5 metric tons of millet