In year 2013, the Vulnerable Group Care Unit (VGCU) carried out a number of activities, among which are:
- Distribution of Dignity and Reproductive Kits donated by United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) through the Agency to states affected by 2012 flood.
- Capacity building workshop on Minimum Initial Service Package (MISP), organized by the Agency in collaboration with UNFPA and held in Calabar, Cross Rivers State on 28th April – 2nd May, 2013.
- Workshop on HIV/AIDS in emergency, organized by National Agency for the Control Of Aids (NACA) in collaboration with UNICEF and NEMA for relevant stakeholders in Minna, Niger State on 1st – 4th July, 2013.
- Assessment/presentation of relief materials to IDPs in Tafa Camp, Kaduna State on 22nd November, 2013
- Donation of food and non-food-items through Global Initiative for Peace, Love and Care as support towards Christmas/End of year party for 1500 orphans and vulnerable children on 8th December, 2013.
- Assessment of IDPs in Gumi Local Government Council, Zamfara State from 27th – 30th November, 2013.