1. Make Other Arrangements for Mail Delivery If Your Home Was Destroyed #
2. Replace Your U.S. Birth Certificate #
Find the vital records office in the state where you were born. Check to see if you can get a certified copy of your birth certificate with no identification. If you can, follow the ordering instructions.
- Some states accept alternate ways to verify your ID. You may have to contact your state to find out what it requires. For example:
- A state may accept your sworn statement of identity.
- Another state may accept a notarized letter from your mother or father whose name is on your birth certificate, along with a copy of their photo ID.
- If you do need your own government-issued photo ID to get a copy of your birth certificate, start with step 3.